my love for photography can be traced back to childhood, but it wasn't until the summer of 2014 that i began to build a business out of that passion.
in 2017, i graduated with my BFA (focus in photography + painting) from columbus state university. i’ve studied photography, my business is licensed, and you can find some publications i’ve had the incredible opportunity of being in at the bottom of this page.
MOST importantly though: i love what i do, i want to help tell your unique story, and i pour my heart + soul into every photo that i take.
i met (and “dated”) my husband, beau, when we were eleven years old and i swear i knew then that i would marry that boy. so needless to say, i’m a sucker for a good, mushy love story. you can probably bet that I will ask you how the two of you met at your session (and snap some candids of those giggles and eyerolls that always come after that question!)
we got married in 2013 while beau was serving in the army and now we are settled back into our little hometown where we met all those years ago. we are both self-employed (beau is a realtor and a full time business major!) so the hustle is real, but we love what we do. beau bought the camera that i began ashlee burgess photography with as a birthday gift for me, he supported my crazy dreams while i finished my degree and began my business, and he helps me with so many things behind the scenes. i couldn't do it without him!
1. i have an office in our home! between chatting with clients, editing, and catching up on business odds + ends, i spend most of my mornings there with a cup of coffee or two. everything is blush, gold, and white—even the walls! pictures to come soon!
2. in 2018, i got to mark my number one bucket list item off and visit white sands national monument in new mexico for mine & beau’s fifth anniversary. we never went on a honeymoon, so we spent a week between alamogordo & albuquerque — it was one of the best weeks of my life. i took self portrait anniversary photos of us there, and the photos you see here that look like they were taken on the moon? yeah, that’s white sands in all its glory. if you ever have the chance, GO!
3. i want to travel a LOT in my lifetime, but i have a pretty “weird” travel bucket list. when i announced our trip to new mexico, there were a lot of “what’s out there???” questions, haha! now that i’ve fulfilled that dream- antarctica is next on the top of the list. i would love to visit italy, greece, ireland… you know, the top destination spots. but there’s just something about a landscape that looks like another planet that calls to me most.
4. we have two cats that are basically our children. i used to hate when people said that about their pets, but here we are five years after adopting them and they’re an irreplaceable part of our family. maybe we will have some actual children of our own one day when the time is right, but for now we are soaking up every bit of life together and chasing after our dreams.
5. i have a gratitude journal that i write in each evening. it’s super simple- there are just three bullet points and you list three things that you are grateful for from the day. this is honestly life changing. i am a firm believer that we can CHOOSE JOY each day, and if we take a moment to appreciate our lives, it’s even easier to lead a joyful life.
OTHER THINGS I LOVE:
my mom. home-brewed coffee. people in love. strawberry frosted donuts. jewel tones. lunch with my best friends. golden hour. country love songs. fireplaces. floral patterns. calligraphy. film photography. to do lists.